Turtle Pumpkin Cheesecake
1 1/2 cups thing chocolate wafer crumbs (about 30 cookies)...I used Oreo cookies and took the center out.
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1 cup packed brown sugar
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup pecans, toasted and chopped
2 ounces bittersweet baking chocolate, coarsely chopped
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 cup caramel topping
1. Preheat oven to 300*
2. Wrap aluminum foil around outside bottom and side of 9-inch spring form pan to prevent drips
3. Spray bottom and 1 inch up side of pan with cooking spray.
4. In small bowl, mix cookie crumbs and melted butter.
5. Press crumb mixture on bottom and 1 inch up side of pan
6. Bake crust 8-10 minutes.
7. Cool at room temperature for 5 minutes, then in refrigerator for 5 minutes or until completely cooled.
8. Meanwhile, in another small bowl, mix flour, pumpkin pie spice, and pumpkin; set aside.
9. In large bowl, beat cream cheese with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth and creamy.
10. Gradually beat in brown sugar, granulated sugar and eggs, one at a time, just until blended.
11. Gradually beat in pumpkin mixture until smooth.
12. Pour filling over crust.
13. Bake 1 hour, 15 minutes to 1 hour, 25 minutes or until edge of cheesecake is set but center still jiggles slightly when moved.
14. Run knife around edge of pan to loosen cheesecake.
15. Turn oven off, open door at least four inches, let cheesecake remain in over for 30 minutes.
16. Cool in pan on cooling rack 30 minutes.
17. Refrigerate at least 6 hours or overnight before serving.
18. Just before serving, sprinkle toasted pecans over top of cheesecake
*to toast pecans, cook over medium heat 5-7 minutes, stirring frequently until pecans begin to brown, then stirring constantly until light brown.
19. In small microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate and oil uncovered on high 1 minute to 1 minute, 30 seconds, stirring every 15 seconds, until melted.
20. Drizzle chocolate over pecans.
21. To serve, run knife around edge of pan to loosen cheesecake, carefully remove side of pan.
21. Drizzle caramel topping over each serving.
22. Store covered in refrigerator.
This cheesecake is delicious!
Blessings ya'll, from my kitchen to yours!